Wednesday, June 16, 2010

7: Something About Patrick -Tim-

Pain coursed through my hand as I slammed it on to the keyboard. John, Jay, and Robby were stuck with out communication in a creature infested area of Germany, and all I could do was frantically try to get a satellite image. That of course didn't go over so well. I couldn't hack in to the satellite with out permission from the government.

I had to get Patrick. I stood quickly and turned to see him stroll on in.

There was something about the guy I just didn't like. Something about his eyes, his walk, and his ability to gain immediate authority just by being there. He gave off this old and powerful vibe like something out of H.P. Lovecraft.

"Something the matter? I haven't heard any news from our ground units in quite a while."

Screw his authority.

"YOU!", I closed the distance between us quickly, "You sent them in to a dangerous situation with out any warning! You kept vital information from us that would have let us prepare accordingly!"

Now, I'm not such a strong person, but I'm not afraid to step up and wallop someone. Especially if said person may have killed all of my friends by being retarded. So I swung, and immediately found myself with my back on the ground and no idea how I got there.

"Now Tim, you did fine on your own. You hacked in to my system and learned all you needed to know." I was silenced by his face, full of killing intent as if I'd insulted his honor, as if I was beneath him. A bug to be squashed. My silence didn't last long, I could care less if his honor had been tarnished and I was willing to die for my friends.

"I don't have communication, you stupid-idiot! Something attacked them! They could be dead, and if they are . . ."

"You'll what? Try to hit me again? Learn your place before I show it to you! You think they’re dead? Let's see what we can do about getting proof before we go off the handle.", Patrick's face was emotionless now, "I'd hate to have to kill you before you do any real work for me."

I didn't blink. I didn't even look away, "Patrick, if they're dead . . . I'd hate to be you."

Patrick only smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment