Saturday, June 5, 2010

6: No Bones -Robby-

"Wake up!"

The world was blurry as I opened my eyes, and only shapes could be seen.

"Finally, are you okay?" The voice was John’s.

"I don't know, my head feels kinda weird.", I tried to sit up but fell back down as a wave of nausea hit me.

"Stay there for a bit. You took quite a hit to your head.", I heard him move away, "It's still out there looking for us. There's three of them, one on the ground and two in the sky. The two are smaller but boy, are they fast."

I blinked a few times and my vision slowly returned to normal. John and I were in a small kitchen near a gaping hole in the wall which, I assume, was made by one of us as we were assaulted. Fighting the nausea, I pulled myself to my feet and walked over to where John sat, looking through the hole from around the wall.

I glanced outside and spotted the largest moth-thing I'd ever seen. It was the size of a small plane and its eyes were the size of car tires. It stood on four legs and had two more of what looked to be hands, which it was using to lift cars while it searched. The two flying above were definitely much smaller but their eyes were about two times the size of the larger ones. They were flying back and forth across the area in a weaving pattern.

"Those two are the scouts. They're the ones we have to worry about. The big one looks like he needs to be close in order to see."

"Then all we need to do is distract the two in the sky and then we make our run for it."

"Where to?" Another wave of nausea hit me so I sat down.

"Well, this place doesn't even have a first aid kit, so I'm thinking a hospital."

"Did you try to get a hold of Tim?" I was hopeful for another plane, but figured that Patrick wouldn't bother sending one.

"Yeah, I hate to say it, but both of our radios are busted."

"Phone?"

"Power’s gone. Which reminds me, I figured out something interesting about our caterpillar friends." He got up and made his way to the other room. Following, I entered the dining room and was greeted with a sight that made me cringe. Each of the chairs were completely covered with the sticky webbing we had found outside. That wouldn't have been so bad if they weren't in the shape of humans; two males and one female.

"They're carnivores? How do they catch the humans in these positions? Didn't any of them fight back?"

"I don't know but I poked around and-" He swung his rifle, smacking into the male’s head, knocking it clean off with a squishing sound. Inside the nests were thousands of caterpillars and no human remains.

Not even bone.

No comments:

Post a Comment